Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Joys of Butter

Katie has always been a healthy eater. She eats mostly fruits and vegetables with a few things in between. At breakfast, she'll have pancakes, but she has always eaten them plain with no butter or syrup. Recently though, Katie has discovered butter and loves it. I think she likes the saltiness in it.

We went out to eat at IHOP one day, and I ordered Katie's butter on the side. As soon as she saw it, she wanted to dig into the butter with a spoon - just to eat it plain. I told her she couldn't do that, but could try it on her pancakes. She helped me try to spread the butter, and the "butter pancakes" were a hit. Luckily, she hasn't asked for a cup of butter at home. That's just something she relates to IHOP now.

I think I want big spoonfuls of butter on this pancake. 

Butter is pretty good stuff! 

I had to fold my pancake, so the butter wouldn't fall off. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment