Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, May 22, 2015

A Picnic

On Mother's Day, Katie really wanted to go on a picnic to celebrate. Instead of going a long way and making a big production of it, we just picked up some food and took it to our local park. It's easy for us, and Katie likes it just as much as going to a park that is farther away. When we left, Katie saw that the sky was cloudy, so she just knew it would rain (even though rain wasn't predicted). She dressed for her own weather prediction, and we took off for the park. She has a lot of fun!

With the clouds in the sky, I decided I had to have my rain boots and umbrella! 

I gladly followed Aunt Jennifer to the table to set things up. 

I realized I didn't need my umbrella after all, so I just set it on the table. 

I enjoyed the playground even more than the meal. 

I'm pretty good at climbing this wall! 

It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I reach the top. 

This is the bridge that wobbles when you walk across it. I try to be brave about it, but it scares me a little. 

I'm not scared to go down the straight slide anymore, but... 

…Aunt Jennifer still has to encourage me a lot to go down the curvy one. 

I'm pretty comfortable with most everything though. 

The second time Aunt Jennifer made me go down the curvy slide, I just sort of hung at the top for awhile until I got brave enough to let go! 

In the end, I had to empty the bark chips out of my boots. 

Then we ended our picnic with a "hike" though our neighborhood woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment