Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Learning to Play with Puppies

Katie has always been very gentle with dogs, but we quickly realized that there were certain things we had to teach her. We realized quickly that Katie had never been around a dog that is small enough for her to pick up on her own. She quickly learned to pick up dogs behind their front legs. Now if they'd quit slipping down as she held them, it would be perfect.

We also had to help Katie understand that these dogs have much smaller legs right now than Chloe did. They can't be put on couches and be expected to jump down on their own. She tries to be very aware of where the dogs are so they don't get hurt.

I know how to hold the puppies now! 

I found out that puppies move fast and like my feet a lot more than Chloe ever did! 

I was acting out Sleeping Beauty with the puppies. Sophie was the fairy, Bailey was Maleficent, and I was Sleeping Beauty. 

Sophie fits in my Mrs. Potato Head glasses! 

Bailey loves to sleep by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment