Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Picnic

We decided to take Katie on a picnic one day for fun. Instead of going to a park, we packed up a lunch and walked though our neighborhood to find a quiet spot to sit and eat. We ended up eating on the sidewalk since the grass was wet, but Katie still thought it was fun. After we ate lunch, we went blackberry picking. Ever since, Katie asks for picnics a lot!

When we found a place to sit, I had to unpack everything first. 

I got out my special glasses that I packed to look for bugs. I also brought a mirror to look for bears. 

You never know when you'll need an eraser to wipe away the bugs you find! 

I was very happy with my lunch. It tasted even better because it was on an Elsa plate! 

This is the hill we would have sat on if it wasn't wet. 

After our picnic, we walked into the woods to see what was there! 

We were excited to find a bird's egg that was leftover from a baby bird hatching. 

I looked inside it, but there was nothing there. 

After we left the woods, I climbed a "mountain" and found blackberries! Yum! 

My mom wanted a picture of me, so I assumed I should pose. 

I went back to picking berries for a bit. 

Then I practiced a pose again and...  

…again and... 

…again and... 

again! 

It was the best day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment