Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Dance Recital

Katie had been so excited to dance on a stage ever since her dancing teacher had told her back in January that it would be happening. Over and over, she asked me if it was time to go on the stage yet. So when her recital finally arrived, she was extra excited! Her first question of the day on the morning of the recital was, "Is it the stage day?"

All morning, she had extra energy for everything, and she got even more excited when Garyldine and Aunt Jody came over to join us for the recital. For the first half of the show, Katie got to sit with us. It was a pretty long show, and the theater wasn't air conditioned, so it was hard for a four year old to sit still. She remained quiet, but she found a girl from her dance class across the row from us, and they quietly played on the stairs together. She was happy to go backstage at the intermission to wait for her turn to dance. The chaperone for the girls had nicely gotten them coloring books and snacks, so Katie was very content.

When Katie came onstage, she didn't seem the least bit nervous. She did the entire dance, and she loved the experience. After the show, I picked up Katie backstage, and she posed for some pictures with friends before we left. Ever since the recital, Katie has been putting on dancing shows for us at home - even more so than usual!

We weren't able to take pictures during the performance. When I get the DVD of the show, I'll try to post Katie's dance.

I was so excited for my recital! 

Garyldine and Aunt Jody surprised me with flowers! 

I loved them! 

My friends and I had fun with pictures after the recital. 

I came out of the theater - still dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment