Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Waiting for the Fireworks

After everyone left our house, Katie had to wait for the fireworks. She passed the time by playing with the balloons that Garyldine had put in the wagon for the parade and playing with the melting ice in the cooler from our lunch. It was all very entertaining to her and passed the time quickly for her.

When the sun went down, it was time for fireworks. Instead of going to the big fireworks show, we usually sit in our driveway and watch the neighborhood fireworks, which are pretty impressive. It's nice to be home because our animals tend to get nervous with all of the loud banging and explosions.

I spread the balloons around our house for a balloon game. Everyone was super excited to play! 

Playing with the leftover ice felt pretty good on our very hot holiday! 

I spread ice all over around our house and then watched how fast it would melt. I discovered that I could put a Styrofoam lid over the top of the ice on the mat, and it wouldn't melt very fast. Thinking like a scientist is fun! 

My mom, giraffe, and I were excited as we waited for the fireworks. 

We saw some really pretty fireworks, but my mom is really bad at capturing the fireworks while they explode. She usually gets pictures of the sky when the fireworks have disappeared! 

After I had seen enough fireworks, I went back to playing with the ice that was left. I had a really good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment