Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, July 6, 2015

The Zoo Visit

The day before the holiday, we took our visiting family to the zoo. We all had a good time, even though it turned into a really hot day!

Kelton and I were excited to start looking for animals! 

We got to stand in the model of the eagle's nest. They have big nests! 

I took time to observe the eagles. 

Kelton and I decided we were fine on our own. We were often leading the pack!

Kelton went through this tunnel so fast! 

I followed him, but I was cautious as usual. At first, Angie was waiting for me at the bottom. 

By the time I got down, Uncle Bill was waiting for me instead. 

The otters were very active when we were by them. 

On the other hand, this horse we found was pretty still! 

We got to sit right in front of a California Condor. They're big! 

After that, we decided we should find a spot for a snack. 

We were all ready for a cool drink and snack. The day was already hot! 

After our snack, we found a snoozing polar bear. 

Then Aunt Carmen and Kevin wanted to see if we were as tall as any of the bears! 

Kelton and I decided to have some races. Each one turned out this way. Of course, I was convinced that I ran faster each time!

Kelton and I both got to make wishes in the wishing well. 

After that, we visited Africa. I got to drive the jeep in front of the animals first. 

Then Kelton had a turn. 

Of course we had to stop and play with Grandma and Uncle Bill for awhile. 

Aunt Carmen took us to look for the rhino, but we never found it. 

When we got tired, Angie and Kevin gave us a shoulder ride. It was fun to be that tall! 

Before I left, I had to say bye to my trusted friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment