Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Dear Mr. President...

Katie was ready to write a letter to a second president. She decided that she wanted to write to one of her favorite presidents, George Washington. Aunt Jennifer broke the news to Katie that President Washington was dead. After thinking about that for a few hours, Katie asked me, "Is President Washington really dead or just sick? If he's not really dead, he'd probably like a letter from me."

By the next day, Katie had accepted that President Washington was dead, but she wanted to still write to him. I felt like there was no harm in it, so she told me what she wanted to write, and we sent it off to Mt. Vernon.

I love President Washington! 

Do you think he'll write back to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment