Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

President's Day, 2016

At the beginning of February, I started talking about upcoming holidays with Katie. She was excited to hear that Valentine's Day was coming since she had remembered that holiday from years past. Then she found out that President's Day was also coming. Her excitement at least doubled with her interest in presidents.

Katie quickly started making plans for President's Day. She wanted to write letters to all of the presidents to thank them for their work, she wanted to write general letters to some more presidents, she wanted to wear special clothes, and she wanted to eat a special meal. We didn't complete all of her plans, but we had a good day!

I wanted to dress in red, white, and blue - and of course, purple socks. I posed in an important way for my picture to look presidential. 

My mom surprised me with some gifts!

I recognized all of the presidents except for Abraham Lincoln. Now I know what he looks like too!

I got four new books, and... 

…a jigsaw puzzle with the presidents! 

Bailey and I put together the puzzle! 

Then I decided to write a letter to President Clinton! 

I had a lot to say! 

I hope he likes it! 

I told my mom I wanted to help her make a special dinner, so I chose hot dogs and fruit! 

Then we made some patriotic cupcakes. They were a little floppy since we didn't have a cupcake pan. 

I chose the cupcake with the most sprinkles! 

Time to try it! 

It was the perfect way to end President's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment