Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day, 2016

For Mother's Day this year, we followed our tradition on planting flowers in the front of the house. Katie was so excited to go to the store to choose the most beautiful flowers that she saw. This year, she tried really hard to plant the flowers the correct way, but she usually left one side of the roots uncovered so I'd do some touch up work when she wasn't looking!

The night before Mother's Day, Katie told me, "I can't wait for Mother's Day. I made you a present at school, but I can't tell you what it was! We painted pots, but it's a secret!" The next day, she surprised me with her painted flower pot.

After I ate breakfast, I decided to make this card for my mom. 

Then I looked through my things and decided to give her these two special key chains.

This was the pot I painted at school.

I was excited to help unload the car after we bought the flowers! 

I was all ready to go! 

First, I pulled weeds and gathered rocks. 

After my mom dumped the new soil and laid out the flowers, I started planting the ones that I like best. All you have to do is set the flower upright and put a shovel of soil next to it! 

After I planted, I filled my watering can to give the flowers a drink. I had fun looking at the wet sidewalk, while dreaming of jumping in puddles. 

The flowers were happy with the water! 

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment