Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Making Dinner

Quite often, Katie wants to get her princess cook book and find something to make for dinner. On this night, she chose to make Merida's recipe for Shephard Pie. It wasn't her first choice as far as what she liked, but she chose it because my mom (who is gluten-free) could eat it. It was a thoughtful decision.

I found something I wanted to make! 

While my mom cut up the celery and onions, I enjoyed my own celery stick. 

I got to help stir the vegetables while they cooked. 

I thought dinner looked delicious just like this. I didn't think we needed to add anything else. 

We ended with a bit of paprika. My mom asked me if I would eat some of this. I told her I'd eat a little bit, and if I liked it, I'd eat the whole bit. As it turned out, I ate one corn kernel and left the rest on my plate! Everyone else liked it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment