Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Dance Recital

Katie couldn't wait for her dance recital this year. She was thrilled to be dancing in Mary Poppins, one of her favorite movies, and to be dancing to "Feed the Birds," one of her favorite songs. We got a bit of a late start since I was working at school all day moving into my new classroom, but we made it in the rush. Luckily, Garyldine was there, toting her make-up, so she could apply Katie's make-up while we waited for the show to start.

Just like last year, there was a professional photographer at the show. When I get my DVD, I'll see if I can get the video of Katie's dance onto the blog.

We had to wait in a long, long line to get into the theater, but at least I got to see my friend, Zoriah. I feel connected to her because she was also adopted from China. 

While Garyldine tried to put make-up on me, I showed her my teacher in the program. 

At intermission, I moved backstage for the second half since I was performing in that half. 

I spent a lot of my time with Zoriah.

We danced together when we could!

We all colored and had a snack while we waited to perform. 

After our performance, I couldn't stop dancing. 

We all had a lot of energy! 

It was a fun recital!

No comments:

Post a Comment