Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

If At First You Don't Succeed,...

When Katie sees an empty box, she usually wants to keep it for some reason or other. One morning, she asked me for a box, so she could make Moana's boat. She grabbed her scissors and glue and started creating.

She put the bottom of the boat together pretty easily, but she found that it was really hard to make the mast stand up. She started by trying to glue it. After several attempts, she switched to tape. She was still struggling with it. When I asked if she needed any help, she quickly turned me down and reminded me of what Aunt Jennifer had taught her long ago. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

About five tries later, she got her mast to stand. She was so proud that she hadn't given up!

I knew I wanted a smaller boat, so I cut off a piece of cardboard from the box. 

I discovered that it's kind of hard to cut cardboard! 

After all of my work, I was so happy to have a boat with a mast that stood up!

No comments:

Post a Comment