Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

President's Day, 2017

Just like last year, Katie was looking forward to celebrating President's Day again. Unlike last year, she didn't want to celebrate our current president. When I asked her what her plans were for the day, she told me that she wanted to ignore "him." She just wanted to pretend he wasn't the president.

I knew I wanted to wear red, white, and blue for the day, so I chose my 4th of July outfit. 

I wanted my mom to take a picture of my hair ribbons, so I turned around and thought I should turn my dog around too.

Even though the day wasn't necessarily about the flag, I thought I should sing, "You're a Grand Old Flag." I can remember most of the words most of the time.

I respect all of the presidents - almost. When I sing, I just can't add someone's name. After all, I was pretending he wasn't the president.

My mom always surprises me with new books on President's Day! I was so excited! She even got me a Hillary Clinton book since I was pretending "he" wasn't the president.

My mom asked me to show her my favorite new books. When I held these up, she told me to point to my favorite president. You can see where my finger landed.

One of my gifts were White House pictures for my View Finder. 

I let Grandma look at my pictures, and... 

…then I looked at them again! 

After looking at my pictures, I got my sticker book out and started putting the presidents in order. 

Later that afternoon, I went grocery shopping with my mom. While she waited in line, I pulled out my Barbie phone to talk to my friend. 

While I waited for dinner, I decided to pose like this. I've been doing this lately, and it never looked familiar to my mom until... 

…she read my George Washington book today! I wasn't trying to look like him, but I guess I sort of do!

The best way to end the day is with a birthday cake for President Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment