Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, September 4, 2017

Birthday Celebration - Part One

About a month ago, Katie told me that she had "one dream in her heart." She wanted to have a birthday party. Since she has always had family birthday parties, I thought I'd grant her wish and let her help plan a party.

Based on things she had said in the past, I braced myself for some big party ideas. I was shocked with how little she wanted. The first thing she wanted to do to celebrate was to have a play date with her friend, Kai, at the school playground, and she wanted to have cupcakes with him. That was the biggest part of the dream in her heart, and luckily, Kai complied.

Before Kai came over, I got to go with my mom to pick up my birthday cake for evening. I couldn't wait to look inside!

Once Kai and I got to the playground, we played for awhile in the sun, and then decided to blow bubbles in the shade to cool off a little.

I also thought of a craft for us. I got some small paper and popsicle sticks. Then we made flags out of them. It was fun!

I drew a picture on my flag, and Kai made a stop sign!

Finally it was time for cupcakes. Yum!

Then we ended with some fun swinging!

When it was time to walk home, Kai and I led the way. I love Kai!

After Kai left, I decided to try on the giant sunglasses that were in the goodie bags that Kai and I had. I thought they felt weird, but my mom liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment