Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

President's Day, 2017

Like years in the past, Katie was really looking forward to celebrating President's Day this year. She had one request...she didn't want to have anything with Donald Trump on it "because he's mean." In the end, one of the new books I got her had him in it. Although she wasn't happy about it, I told her that there's always going to be parts of our history that we don't agree with and don't like. I tried to teach her that it's important to educate yourself about all parts of history and hopefully use that education to improve the world in the future.

I usually get some new president books for President's Day! 

I saw lots of presidents on the first book! 

I saw one person I didn't like, so I chose to hold my book this way. 

I also got some books about President Washington and President Lincoln. 

I also got a new Winnie the Pooh! 

Pooh for President! 

This was a good way to start my day! 

I spent a lot of time with this book! I loved that it had the presidents in the front of the book and the First Ladies in the back part. I tried to match them up. 

I like to make a cake on President's Day. Last year, I made George Washington a cake for his birthday. This year, I decided to dedicate my cake to Barack Obama. 

 After I mixed the cake, I helped clean off the mixer.

When the cake cooled, I got to decorate the cake however I wanted! 

I decided to put a hidden "44" in my cake. (Excuse the backwards 4s). I told my mom that I put 44 on there for President Obama and also because I like 44 presidents. 

Of course, you've got to add sprinkles too! 

I thought it looked perfect!

Of course, I sang a song from President Obama before we ate the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment