Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

"No" Can Be a Mean Word

Katie has recently really started to understand what "no" means. She has been able to shake her head "no" for a long time, but now, she has more meaning behind her gesture. She isn't using it so much to avoid doing what is asked. She uses it to help others determine what she wants.  Katie thinks "no" is a great word and works well for her - until she's not the one using it. Take, for example, the night that Katie insisted going everywhere with her spoon in her mouth. I told her "no," and took away the spoon, so she wouldn't choke on it. You would have thought the world was ending!

I love this spoon! 

I think I'll try to balance with this spoon! 

What do you mean by taking my spoon? 

Oh, me! Oh my!

I can't believe how awful this is! 

I wonder if my mom will say "no" a lot. I don't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment