Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Gingerbread Cookies

This year, I ordered Katie a new Christmas book that she absolutely loved called The Gingerbread Pirates. In the book, a mom and her son make some very cute gingerbread cookies decorated like pirates, and they become live pirates when everyone goes to bed. After hearing the book over and over, Katie decided that we needed to make gingerbread men instead of sugar cookies for Christmas.

The first thing I did was to let Katie know that we could make gingerbread cookies, but my decorating skills weren't up to those in the story. She was fine with that and was ready to go!

The dough was easy to make. The hard part for Katie was the wait since the dough had to be refrigerated overnight before we could make cookies. When it was finally time to make the cookies, we realized that we had lost our full size gingerbread man cookie cutter. Katie just chose from the remaining cookie cutters. We ended up making small gingerbread men, gingerbread women, sleds, stockings, and bones (in honor of our dogs). Then we both worked on decorating. It was all very exciting for Katie!

I love to whisk the dry ingredients! It's better when we can find our whisk, but a fork will do. 

Who doesn't love a little baking? 

Before we put the dough in the refrigerator, my mom let me try a little bit of it even though she's not supposed to do that. 

I was so happy when it was finally time to cut out our cookies! 

After baking the cookies, it was time to decorate. I chose to decorate a bone first! 

I was pretty excited because my mom found some princess decorating gel with sparkles in it! 

By the time I got to the tree, I discovered that more gel must mean a better cookie! 

What do you think? 

I really wanted to eat a cookie, but my mom had to take a picture first. 

I thought our cookies looked great! 

Even though I liked decorating the cookies, I wanted a plain cookie when it came time to try them. 

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment