Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, March 4, 2016

A Trip to the Zoo

My sister and I decided to take Katie to the zoo on the first sunny day in awhile. We should have known that the sunny day would correspond with a crowded zoo. Even with the crowd, we still had a good time!

I got to watch one of the polar bears lumbering around for awhile. 

Then we went to the new elephant enclosure. We got to see the elephants taking a swim behind me. 

The zookeeper was feeding the elephants, and this one kept begging for food! 

The zookeeper made them work for their food. They had to swim to the food he threw in the water. 

 We loved watching the caracals, the African cats. We don't usually see them awake, and they were very playful!

The lions were probably hoping all of their mud would dry up a little! 

I was excited to see the rhino on its feet. He's always sleeping when I'm at the zoo. 

It's fun to see animals when they're awake!

I found my favorite cave to sit in before we went to see the hippos. 

Unlike the rhino, they were asleep. 

I told my mom and Aunt Jennifer that I wanted to see the giraffes most of all. I love, love, love them! 

Aunt Jennifer loves the flamingos. Before I went to look at them, I wanted to see how I measured up to them. 

The zoo's petting zoo doesn't have a real horse, but I like this one all the same. 

My wingspan isn't quite as big as the California condor's. 

Of course, I couldn't go to the zoo without going through the tree slide. 

I also took the time to nest in the bald eagle's home. 

On the way out, I went to visit the squirrel statue that I love. I was put out that someone had put a pacifier in its hands, but my mom thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment