Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Going to a Play

I got an email from our local children's theater, and I saw that they had a musical called "Rock the Presidents." Of course, I knew right away that Katie would probably love it. I asked her if she wanted to go, just in case she wasn't interested, but she didn't hesitate in telling me she wanted to go.

Katie and I took off for the city and drove around and around to find a parking spot. Katie suggested I should stop driving in circles and just pay for parking. I told her that I knew I could find free parking and kept driving. When Katie took money out of her purse to tell me she'd pay for parking, I decided it was time to just pay myself. It was nice of her to offer to pay though.

We got to the theater in plenty of time and got a good seat for the show…up until two minutes before it started. At that point, the tallest man in the theater sat right in front of Katie. We made the best of it. Between moving from side to side or sitting on my lap, Katie was happy with what she was able to see.

When we go to a play like that, I never know what Katie will hear or get out of it. However, she woke me up at 3:00 in the morning to talk about President Kennedy and President Lincoln. The next morning, she was able to tell me about President Truman. She was also singing the songs she had learned. We definitely got our money's worth out of the show.

I was pretty happy to finally get out of the car! 

Of course I had to bring my wand, purse, and pony to the show with me. I offered to give my mom my pennies and dimes for parking, but she paid with her own money.

I knew exactly who I wanted to learn about!

Once we got in the theater, I was so excited to see the play!

No comments:

Post a Comment