Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter, 2016!

We had a great Easter. It started with Katie announcing first thing this morning that it was Easter. She let me know that she had already looked out the window but hadn't seen the Easter bunny. She was pretty sure that the Easter bunny had still been to the house though. She went downstairs and right away, she saw an Easter egg. As she came into the living room, she was excited to see her presents, but just like every Easter, her egg hunting came first. She found all of the eggs and opened them to find the treasure.

After opening the eggs, Katie spent some time with her new toys. We built her My Little Pony castle, she played with her Easter Play-Doh set, and we read her book together. She continued to circle through her toys until she discovered that the Easter bunny had left some more eggs outside. Off she went on her outside Easter egg hunt and then it was back to playing some more until dinner time.

This year, we ordered dinner to go from a favorite restaurant and took it to my parents' house to eat together. We had a good time enjoying each other's company, and after dinner, Katie was thrilled to see that the Easter bunny had also delivered some eggs to Grandma's and Grandpa's house. It was a fun day!

I saw this egg as soon as I came downstairs, and I knew the Easter bunny had come! 

I loved opening every egg! 

The Easter bunny must have known I've been dreaming of this! 

It has already been a lot of fun! 

I played with my Easter Play-Doh kit for awhile and made my chick grow hair! 

Then I opened cards from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe,... 

…Aunt Lois, and... 

…Ian, Eva, Uncle Jeff, and Aunt Grace! 

Before I went on my outside Easter egg hunt, I tried on my Easter basket as a hat. 

I found lots of eggs. 

Easter egg hunts are so much fun! 

It was a little chilly out, but at least it wasn't raining. 

The Easter bunny gave me this Frozen bubble machine. 

I just had to dip the top in the bubble solution, and... 

…blow bubbles out the top!

Of course I had to do some princess poses before I went inside. 

As soon as I found Easter eggs at Grandma's house, I had to rush to tell her! 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment