Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Gingerbread Cookies

Katie always likes to make gingerbread cookies at Christmas time. She was especially excited this year because she had been listening to gingerbread stories at school before her break. When she makes the cookies, she likes to make a variety of shapes. She has the gingerbread people shapes, some Christmas shapes, and some princess shapes. Who could ask for more fun?

This was the first year that my mom let me hold the electric mixer all by myself! 

Even though I wanted to finish our cookies when the dough was made, my mom said we had to put it in the refrigerator overnight. See you in the morning, dough! 

The next day, my mom put flour on the counter to roll out the dough. I asked if I could make a snow angel in the flour before we started. 

I like to press the cookie cutters into the dough. 

What shapes would you choose? 

My favorite part though is decorating the cookies! 

I like to use all sorts of colors and toppings. 

This was my favorite cookie I decorated! 

I was pretty happy with our end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment