Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year's Fun

Katie spent most of New Year's Day creating things from scraps of paper and plastic. She's a pretty creative girl who can stay happy for a long time with markers, tape, glue, and scraps!

After her creations were made, it was time for dinner. It was nice to spend time together.

I made my mom a special bracelet out of paper and plastic scraps! 

Then I decided to design a mermaid costume. I started by collecting clear plastic bags to put around my legs. 

Then I used my scissors on a grocery bag to make the top of my costume. 

To finish my look, I put a flowing tail over my legs. I loved my costume and couldn't wait to try it in the bathtub! I was going to be a proper mermaid! 

Before my grandpa left to go home, I wanted a picture with everyone, but someone always had to be the photographer! 

We had a Happy New Year's Day! 

In the evening, I got to use my tape again. Our dog, Sadie, was having a gas problem, and I thought it would help to tape my shirt up over my nose. I love tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment