Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Last Day of School

I can't quite believe that Katie is already out of kindergarten! The year went so quickly. She absolutely loved her year. She was surrounded by amazing educators who helped her grow into a confident reader, writer, mathematician, scientist, musician, athlete, and friend.

Since Katie had been sick so often as we approached the last day of school, she felt ready for summer and the idea of moving at a slower pace. That feeling lasted for exactly a week. At that point, she decided that she missed her friends, and she has started planning for my school year in the fall by developing lesson plans for the incoming kindergarten students! It makes me happy that she loves school so much!

I was excited to begin my last day of kindergarten!

When the day was over, I made sure to say good-bye to my friends who were moving to Taiwan.

First day of school vs. last day of school. I changed in a lot of ways in one short year!

No comments:

Post a Comment