Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Making Popsicles

Popsicles is one of Katie's favorite hot weather treats, but she's also kind of picky about what kind of popsicles she likes to have. She likes the Outshine Tangerine Popsicles because "they taste like real oranges!"

A little while ago, Katie had seen something that showed how to make homemade popsicles, and she really wanted to make them. She didn't know the recipe for sure but wrote down what she thought she remembered and showed me the recipe. She basically wanted to cut up fruit and mix it with lemonade and freeze it.

I wasn't sure about how they would taste but told her we could try it. Since we didn't have any molds, we had to make do with some shot glasses I had gotten at the Dollar Tree for a math activity and toothpicks. They weren't the best holders but they did the job.

In the end, Katie waited patiently for her popsicles to freeze. She thought they were delicious the first time she tried them, but then she told me that I could have the rest because they weren't as good as her tangerine popsicles from the store. She had fun making them though!

Since I didn't have the recipe with me, I wrote one for my mom. 

When I was done, I read the recipe to her. 

We started by cutting up oranges and putting them in the cups. 

Then we add the lemonade and toothpicks. I couldn't wait to freeze them! 

They finally froze, and I got my first taste! 

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment