Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Preparing for the School Year

Katie is so excited for the next school year to begin. She's particularly excited to make plans for my incoming kindergarten students. She has started planning out all of the lessons that I should teach across the curriculum. At this point, I could probably just put my legs up and let Katie do all the behind-the-scene work for my classroom next year.

On this particular night, Katie escaped to the kitchen table and quietly worked. I assumed she was coloring, but she was publishing a book for my class next year. She's so thoughtful!

I was struck one night with lots of teaching ideas, so I had to explain them to my mom. 

I couldn't wait for her to start using my lessons. 

I was telling her about the circle book I was going to make. It was going to be an emoji book! 

I surprised my mom with this flap book I wrote, "Who am I in the Zoo?" It was inspired by Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell. I love that book! 

I made my book with animals hiding under the flaps. 

When you open the flaps, you could read about the animal.

I tried reading my book upside down like teachers sometimes do. It's harder than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment