Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

We had a nice holiday this year. Katie started her day by watching our neighborhood parade. The parade isn't a big or fancy parade. The kids decorate their bikes, wagons, tricycles, and pets for the holiday and follow a short parade route to our neighborhood park for a picnic.  I could have pushed Katie in her stroller in the parade, but I chose to have her watch it this year. She loves kids and animals, so I thought she'd enjoy watching it. At the end of the parade, one of the neighbors gave Katie some 4th of July presents - some small flags and a necklace. You couldn't get a whole lot more excited than Katie was.

In the afternoon, Katie had her own set of "quiet fireworks" - otherwise known as bubbles. Chloe gets so scared with the loud fireworks, so it was our way of entertaining Katie while keeping Chloe calm!

Katie fell asleep before any of the actual fireworks. I carried her outside when the fireworks were going off. She woke up long enough to look at a few, but she didn't care as much about the fireworks as going back to sleep. At least she wasn't scared of them like poor Chloe!

 What are we waiting for?

 The beginning of our big parade!

I see some short people like me! 

I really liked that three-wheeled thing that went by me! I cheered for him. 

What's next? 

Look at my new things, Aunt Jennifer! 

I just love these! 

Walking the Parade Route to the Park

I scraped all the skin off my knee on the way home. I didn't cry much when I fell, but I cried a lot when my mom tried to put on the band-aid. I really, really don't like band-aids! 

Bubbles! 

 
I wonder how many I can pop!

Aunt Jennifer taught me how to blow bubbles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment