Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bubbles and Sidewalk Chalk

Bubbles are so much fun for Katie! She loves to watch them or pop them. I recently got out the bubble machine that Garyldine had given us after Katie's Idaho baby shower. It didn't take Katie long to figure out how to turn the machine on herself, so she could enjoy the bubbles whenever she wanted. The video shows her funny reaction as she decided to get close to the newly formed bubbles!

Let's go out and play! 

This is easy to turn on and off. 

When are the bubbles going to start? 

They float so high! 

I wish I could hug them. 

I've almost got you! 

I love summer!

Reacting to the Bubble Machine


Later in the day, Katie had her first opportunity to use sidewalk chalk. We sat down on the blacktop and enjoyed the summer weather. Katie spent most of her time looking at the chalk and her design, but she did get a little distracted by a beautiful hawk flying overhead. Quack, quack. Yes, in her mind, all birds still quack!

How did my mom make this write? 

I did it! I made a line! 

I'm going to try a different color! 

Ahhh! What a nice, refreshing breeze! 

Do you like my design? 

Uh-oh! It broke! 

Here's our hawk! Quack! 

Hey, this got all over my shirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment