Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cleaning Up a Mess

After rediscovering the pets' water dish, Katie didn't easily forget it. By the second day, there was lots of fun to be had. Katie discovered that the faster she stirred the water, the more the water splashed out of the bowl. When I saw her, I decided to let her get it out of her system. When she was done, Jennifer walked over to examine the damage. Katie told her, "Mess! Mess!" She was rather proud of it. Her next exclamation was, "My pants are wet! Wet!"

Katie helped Aunt Jennifer clean up the mess quite happily while I snapped pictures. Then she was able to change into dry clothes.

I made a mess! 

I have to clean up this water.

It might be easier just to dump the water off this tray. 

Look at all the water, Aunt Jennifer! 

"Clean it up! Oh-tay!"
(Katie knows part of the clean-up song from Story Time at the library. She sings the line above over and over. She always says "Oh-tay" instead of "Okay.") 

Can I get dry clothes on yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment