Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

I was playing with Katie in the basement. We were working on a puzzle together, and Katie kept singing. I didn't think too much of it because it's very common for her to sing while she does anything else. Pretty soon I said to Jennifer, "I've never heard this song she's singing. She just keeps saying 'cry' as part of the song."

Then Jennifer put two and two together. The day before we had watched part of Walk the Line, the biographical movie of Johnny Cash, while Katie had entertained herself with her toys. Jennifer said, "Do you think she's singing 'Cry, Cry, Cry' from the movie? That's the only thing I can think of."

So Jennifer pulled up the song on her iPhone, and Katie got the biggest smile on her face. I couldn't believe she picked up on a song like that - a song she had only heard once. Later on, Jennifer played the song for my mom. Katie said, "Gaga! The Cry Cry Song!"

I'm not sure if Johnny Cash music is a hit with all 2 year olds, but Katie's sure enjoying it! It's rather funny when we listen to all of the lyrics. I don't think it was written with a 2-year old in mind! To enjoy this song, click here .

I sing my new song to everyone! "Cry, Cry, Cry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment