Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Making Peanut Butter Cookies

Katie and I decided to make some peanut butter cookies one day for fun. Katie always loves to help cook, so she was excited to grab her chef's hat and apron that she uses in her kitchen. She quickly got up on a chair to help me every step of the way.

I knew we had to have peanut butter. 

My mom still has her Junior Cookbook from when she was small. 

The peanut butter mixture was sure sticky. 

I took a break once in a while for my mom to stir the dough.

It was a lot easier to stir the dry ingredients. 

My mom showed me how to make the balls of dough. 

My favorite part was making the fork imprints on the cookies. 

When I got tired of making the ball shapes, my mom gave me some dough for my plate. I flattened it just like I do with my Play-Doh. 

I ate some of the uncooked cookie dough - even though we knew I shouldn't. I thought it tasted delicious. I explained to everyone, "It tastes like strawberry cream!" (She has never tasted strawberry cream, but I guess it was her best explanation.)

I was happy to see the finished product! I love to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment