Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, January 26, 2015

A Bedtime Routine

Over the past several months, Katie's bedtime routine has gotten very long. She wants to hear a Frozen book every night, but instead of sitting by me to listen, she listens from across the room and acts out the entire book complete with costumes. When we get done with the first reading, Katie asks to hear a few of the songs from the movie, so she can sing and dance along.

After that, Katie takes the book on the floor and leans against my bed pillows and reads the story herself. She calls that space her "Frozen library."

Finally, when she's finished, she sits next to me for a different story. Then she's ready for bed.  It's one of her favorite times of the day.

Don't get too close. Ice might shoot from my hands! 

I've gotten pretty good at acting out my favorite story. 

My Frozen Library is a very comfortable spot to read. 

I use it every night!

This is when I was playing both Anna and Elsa's parts and getting used to my cape at the same time!

Sometimes when I'm lucky, I get to sing along with the music too!

No comments:

Post a Comment