Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

A Big Hike for a Small Girl

My mom, sister, and I decided to take Katie to see her favorite waterfall when the weather was warm. Jennifer and I decided that we would see if Katie could hike to the top of the waterfall, which for Katie was a very big hike.  Katie ended up walking two and a half miles and gained over 600 feet in elevation. It was a beautiful day!

Even though it was a warm day, it was pretty cold next to the waterfall. I had to keep my hands pulled in my sleeves until we were past the water.

The hike to the first bridge was fairly easy.

I got to see small waterfalls on the way.

They were pretty!

Grandma hiked to the first bridge with us.

Even though you can't see it in this picture, the waterfall behind me was really big!

This is where Grandma turned around. It was still cold, but we were about to tun the corner into warmth.

I loved this cave we found on the hike. I had to check out the rocks all around me!

I think an animal would love to live here!

There was one spot where I could climb up to a tree and back. My mom probably shouldn't have dressed me in white.

Sometimes climbing makes me a little nervous.

I felt like I climbed up high.

After that climb, I found a little cave for a little animal.

After a lot of uphill climbing, I made it to the very top of the falls. Right behind me is where the water falls over the mountain.

This was the little waterfall before the big drop.

I was proud of getting to the top!

After we left the waterfall drop, I found the perfect rock to sit on and watch the water.

It was nice and comfy!

Even though I was having fun here, Aunt Jennifer and my mom took me on a side trip from our path.

First, we found a bridge.

Then we found a rocky area by the stream!

I had to celebrate when I climbed to the top of the rock.

Then I tried to climb bigger rocks.

I found out that I can still pose when I'm on a rock!

I loved watching the water!

On the way back down the path, I found another little cave. When Aunt Jennifer smelled skunks, she got me out fast.

As we neared the bottom, I couldn't believe how high up we had hiked.

After we met up with Grandma, we all went out to lunch. I loved the whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment