Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, April 28, 2017

A Princess

Katie has always loved to act out princess stories at night. In the past, she didn't care if I watched her performances. She has always had a tendency to be a  perfectionist, wanting to move just like the  princesses in her books and movies. She often keeps a book or princess stickers next to her to make sure she holds her head and arms down to her fingers like the princesses. I have always enjoyed watching her whole process.

Lately she has been acting out Beauty and the Beast while she listens to the soundtrack of the movie. I was disappointed, though, when she started saying, "No watching me please and definitely no pictures!'

I try to respect her wishes but still sneak a peak when I can. I did try to take one picture of Katie during the famous waltz scene with Belle and the Beast. She caught me and made sure I didn't take anymore pictures. I wish I could save the entire moment for her to appreciate when she grows up, but she'll have to be happy with a stolen picture or two.

I don't like cameras to interrupt my performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment