Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter, 2017!

We had a busy, but very happy, Easter this year! We hope everyone else had an equally fun day!

When I got up I found two gifts hidden upstairs. First, I found this crystal mining kit. I love digging for crystals!

Then I found a Belle doll from Beauty and the Beast

When I got downstairs, I was shocked to find my Easter basket. 

I was so happy that I pretended to faint! 

The Easter bunny got me what I have been dreaming of…my own vacuum! 

He also got me some Shopkins toys, Band-aids, and bubble bath. 

After I got dressed, I decided to vacuum the floor. 

My vacuum really does suck up some things. The dirt collects in this box. 

After awhile I heard that there was a surprise outside. 

The Easter bunny - I think - brought back my Fairy Gardens! I love looking at them! I had noticed them missing a little while ago, and I was so excited that they were back! 

I especially loved the new statue! 

Before I went in, I found another gift! 

It had a golden egg in it. 

There were some jelly beans in some of the eggs. I had never tried one before, and I decided to take the brave step to try one. I chose an orange one since I like oranges. At first, I liked the taste…. 

….Then the taste changed. I had to think about whether I still liked it…. 

….I decided jelly beans weren't my cup of tea, but... 

…I was glad I tried them. 

Sadie decided to join me as I looked at some of the other eggs. 

I found some Peeps. I had never tried those either. I decided to wait and try them later.

I was shocked when I found a small tub of Play-Doh. I loved it! 

 I also got a book on the Declaration of Independence and was excited to find George Washington on the back cover of the book!

After looking at the book, I decided to try the Peeps. I liked those better than the jelly beans. 

A little bit later, I got to go on an Easter egg hunt in the front yard. 

I even found some eggs in the trees! 

I love looking for eggs! 

I found some eggs in the shrubs too. 

There's another one! 

When Grandpa came for dinner, he told me the Easter bunny left this basket for me at their house. I couldn't believe it! 

While we waited for dinner, I made everyone special stickers. 

Grandpa loved his! 

He put it right on his pocket! 

I wanted a dinner like the Easter bunny might eat! Everyone else's plates looked a little different than mine. 

After dinner I did my crystal mining kit with Aunt Jennifer. We chipped away at the block and found lots of crystals. When we got this one out, it still had some of the sand stuck to it. I looked at it and laughed and said, "It looks like it's wearing Donald Trump hair!"

It's always fun when everyone is here! 

After dinner, Aunt Jennifer went to the house she recently moved into, and she called me when she got home and told me the Easter bunny had visited her house too! I went straight over to see what was there. I walked into Anna, Elsa, and Olaf!

I loved finding decorations everywhere! 

Her house even had some Easter eggs to find! 

I was becoming an Easter egg expert! 

What's better than a decorated house? 

After going outside,... 

…I felt like I had found every single egg! 

 I was pretty sure that Easter couldn't get better.

I convinced Aunt Jennifer to play Hide and Seek with me. I found a good hiding spot, but I forgot my dress might be showing. 

Somehow she found me! 

We got to end our day by watching the cartoon version of Beauty and the Beast together. It was perfect!
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment