Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Trip to the Beach

On Spring Break this year, we went on a few day trips. For our first trip, we went to the beach. Katie is always excited to go there. Katie had three goals for this trip. 1. Play in the sand. 2. Fly a kite. 3. Get some saltwater taffy like her teacher had shared with her at school.

We decided to take the dogs in the back of the car. They wanted to help me practice math on the way there! 

Once we were at the beach, I insisted on making a castle all by myself. 

I took my Moana doll, so she could play on the beach too. 

While I built my castle, Aunt Jennifer ran with the dogs to get some of their energy out. 

We were proud of Sadie. She has a lot of fears, but she had a successful day on the beach. 

Then only thing she didn't like was taste of the water. 

Bailey and Sophie likes everything, but they sure got dirty! 

After I built my castle, I gathered my bucket to go on a rock hunt. 

I love to get rocks at the beach because they are almost always smooth. 

I decided to walk towards the water to see what I could find. 

When I saw a good rock, I reached into the cold water. 

My response to the rock I pulled out was, "Oh yeah, baby! I am definitely going to keep this one!" 

After rock collecting, we went back to visit my castle, and…

 …fly my kite. My mom helped me get it in the air, and the wind just took it straight up.

Then it was my turn to fly it. 

It was a little hard to hold the kite because the wind was blowing so hard! 

When we got back to the car, I opened the taffy to find an orange piece like I had gotten from my teacher. I couldn't wait to enjoy the deliciousness, but...

…it didn't taste like my teacher's orange taffy. Aunt Jennifer laughed when she saw my face and asked if I liked it. I said, "My teeth like it." (I don't think my tongue did though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment