Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Trip to the Zoo

One of the things we did over Spring Break was to go to the zoo. Katie has wanted to see the polar bears and the giraffes for a long time, and it was finally the perfect time to go.

Before we left, I had to promise my mom to carry my own things. I thought it would be easiest to tape a backpack to myself! 

You've always gotta start with the mountain goats. 

I like the statue, but it's always better to see the real thing! 

 The bobcat is usually hiding, but it was on the move on this day.

All of the black bears were active too! 

We always have to stop by the duck pond, and I always look for the blue bill. 

I went on a horse ride at the petting farm section! 

Then I found a beautiful blossoming tree! We like any sign of spring that we can find! 

I was so glad to find the playful polar bear. We watched her push the tub in the water and try and try and try to get into the tub. 

She'd go in... 

…and out... 

…and then back in. 

She never gave up even though it was hard! 

She was fun to watch. 

After the polar bears, we always stop for a snack. 

 Then we watched the elephants eat!

Since no one was around, we went to see the lion statues. 

The real lions were napping and looking royal. 

I was excited to see the chameleon because I've never seen it looking like this! 

I was also glad to see the hippos out of the water. They are almost always swimming when I'm there! 

I've never seen a tortoise there. Who knew! 

Time for my favorites! 

I think they are beautiful and graceful! 

My trip continued to be full of surprises. I've never seen a porcupine awake, and I got to watch two of them carry sticks all over in their mouths. 

It's always fun to see the pretty flamingos. 

Meow! 

Good-bye, friend! 

For a special treat, my mom and grandma took me to lunch at the zoo before we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment