Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Coloring the Eggs

Katie had to wait patiently to color Easter eggs this year. She picked out the dye about a month ago, and she had to wait until the day before Easter to make the eggs.

Katie decided that she wanted to make glitter Easter eggs. After going through all of the work, I decided I liked simple colored Easter eggs better because they're easier. Katie liked the glitter eggs for looks, but she also prefers the simpler eggs when it comes to eating them. Maybe next year we'll take the easy route and skip the glitter.

This year, I was excited to pour the water in the cups with the dye tablet. I was really careful with the water, so it wouldn't spill! 

After we put the eggs in the dye, we waited patiently. It gave me a chance to change into darker clothes in case any dye spilled. 

This was my favorite color! 

My mom wasn't sure I could get the eggs out of the cup because the cups were so full, but... 

…I was really careful, and... 

…success! 

After I proved myself, I got more out. 

I moved them to the little drying area. 

After the eggs dried, my mom painted glue on them, and I got to shake them in a bag with glitter. Shake, shake, shake! 

 In the end, they looked pretty good.

Of course, I had to try one. It was delicious! 

Like always, I ate everything but the yolk, but I knew someone who would love it! 

Bingle will always eat my egg leftovers with lots of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment