Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day, 2017

About a week before Mother's Day, Katie announced, "I don't need to go shopping for Mother's Day! I already ordered you presents on Amazon. I know how to order on the Kindle!" She was so proud of choosing gifts for me and my mom, and in her mind, she paid for them because she's the one who added them to the cart.

When her gifts arrived, she couldn't wait for Mother's Day to give us the gifts. For me, she chose a new lunch box with handles that weren't falling apart like my last lunch box. She also got me a dinosaur book for my classroom and a coloring book with markers for my classroom that, "maybe I could use when I'm in there!" For my mom, she chose a children's book.

Katie also made me a fun book that she had made at school. I can't think of anything I'd like better.

Yesterday, Katie and I took part in our annual Mother's Day tradition. We planted flowers in front of the house. This year, just to match the weather of the last six months or so, it was cold and pouring rain. We didn't let it stop us though. The flowers got planted quickly, and today they'll have more rain to help them grow!

Grandma loved the book I ordered for her, and...

…my mom loved the book I made her.

My mom and I still planted flowers even though we had to do it in the rain.

It's always fun to get our gardening tools out.


By the time we finished, it was pouring rain, but...

…we still had to take the pictures with the planted flowers.

Before we went in, we took one picture with the rain pouring down on me.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment