Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Staying Busy

During our walk, Katie picked up part of a bush that had been trimmed off and decided she wanted to plant it in our yard and call it our family tree. I explained to her that she would have to try to put the cutting in water to grow some roots, and once it had roots, she could plant it.

Once we got home, Katie happily put her cutting into water. Then she went off to get her crayon box. She got busy, and when she was finished drawing, she came to show me what she had been doing. She had made some picture instructions about how to grow her tree. I took a picture of her instructions because she had labeled the page with one of my favorite words she uses. Instead of labeling it instructions, she labeled it the way she says it, "destructions." I'm going to be a little sad when she starts saying "instructions."

After making her "destructions," Katie decided to work on her coloring book. She was so proud of her work. "I tried to stay in all the lines!"

These are my "destructions" for our family tree. 

I tried really hard on my picture. I tried to make all of the characters look like they do in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment