Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Science Experiments

Katie decided to get her science materials out again and do her own experiments with them. When I asked her what she was doing, she told me that she was going to make some "really hot, bubbling water." She never accomplished this particular goal, but she had plenty of fun! Every kid should have a science kit. They are natural scientists!

 My first decision was to use as many scientific tools as I could.

It's hard not to smile when you are doing experiments! 

 I had to make sure I had plenty of water in my beaker.

Then I thought flour might help the water get hot.  

 Very carefully, I added some flour to my water.

 I wanted more water, but my water bottle had a very tight lid. I had to use all of my muscles to open it!

 I thought I might see some bubbles, but in the end, I just had flour water.

 I wondered what would happen if I moved my creation to a test tube.

 Then I thought I should add the water in slowly by adding it with my eye dropper.

 I got so carried away with it that the water overflowed! Thank goodness for paper towels!

I didn't give up. I kept trying different combinations of materials. 

 I told my mom that I was going to put two different things in my small test tubes to see what would happen.

I even added paper to my flask to see if that would make a difference. 

Then, of course, I had to add more water. 

 I had to explain that it's important to be patient when science is involved!

 I never got hot water with my experiments, but I had fun and learned about mixing materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment