Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

When we had a beautiful fall weekend day, Jennifer and I decided to take Katie to the pumpkin patch.  As we neared the farm, we saw the back-up of traffic. Last year, we had to give up on the pumpkin patch and get pumpkins at the grocery store because of the crowds. This year, however, we didn't give up. We ended up parking down the street in an empty lot about a half mile away from the farm. As we walked there, we decided we would be getting small pumpkins this year since we'd have to carry them back to the car.

Not surprisingly, the pumpkin patch was packed inside, but we still made the most of it. We took part in all of the activities except the hayride. Katie was a little sad about it, but the lines were so long that we decided to walk to the pumpkin patch. In the end, it was a day filled with memories!

The first thing I did was to get on the hay pyramid. 

 I don't like to go all the way to the top. For me, this is perfect.

 I checked out the tunnels in the pyramid, but I chose not to crawl through them.

 Next, we went to the hay bale maze. I decided to attempt it by myself.

I was almost there! 

 Phew! I made it!

Next up were the animals. 

 I loved the baby pigs. They were so cute!

 Then I found some calves.

They were softer than I thought they would be. 

 I thought the donkey was pretty nice.

 It was calm too!

 The goats were looking for food. I tried to get it to smell my hand.

I was happy when I could finally pet it.

Say cheese!

I took a small break from the goats and went to pet the bunny.

After, Aunt Jennifer bought me some goat food, so I could feed my favorite goat!

Before we went to find pumpkins, we had to go to the photo area. Look how tall I'm getting!

Aunt Jennifer helped me up on the tractor, but it made me a little nervous.

My mom and I sat by the corn stalks.

Then I was ready for a picture by myself!

Since we didn't want to wait in the hayride line, we walked to the pumpkin patch and found lots of great pumpkins.

My mom wanted me to stand by this cornstalk for a picture, but there was a bee flying around it, so this is the best smile I could muster.

I thought I would never get done with this picture.

We found so many good pumpkins. We gathered all of the contenders together.

Pumpkins went on and on!

I found a little one that would be easy to carry!

I really wanted a white one this year, and I was so happy to spot one.

It was heavier than the other one, but I really wanted it.

I thought these were going to be our three pumpkins, but we decided to trade one of the small ones for a medium orange pumpkin.

The last thing to do was to wash the pumpkins with the dirty water. At least it got the mud off!

No comments:

Post a Comment