Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Not Quite a President

Last summer, we saw that Caroline Kennedy was coming to town to give a speech. When I told Katie that she was President Kennedy's daughter, of course she wanted to go and see her. We headed into town on a school night to watch her presentation, but Katie was able to sleep on the way there and on the way home, so she wasn't tired for school the next day.

Katie listened to the whole speech, but the parts that stuck with her the most were the stories that she heard about Caroline Kennedy's memories of living in the White House. Her favorite story was hearing about how Carline could call Santa Claus whenever she wanted to when she lived there.

When I was on the way into the auditorium, I found a saxophone-playing cow! How funny!

I was so excited to see a president's daughter! 

I got to sit in between my mom and Aunt Jennifer. 

While we waited for things to start, I borrowed my mom's phone and took my own pictures. 

I liked the ceiling, so I took a picture of that. 

 I also tried an upside down picture right before the speakers began!
Thank you, Caroline Kennedy, for entertaining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment