Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Dance Recital Dress Rehearsal

Katie had her dress rehearsal for her dance recital the day after we returned from Disneyland. Since she took two dance classes this year, she was going to be in two dances. One dance was in Act I and the other was in Act II. Because she was in both acts, she was required to be at the dress rehearsal for four hours. I was a little worried about her being there that long right after a busy trip, but she was so excited for the recital that the time never bothered her. I always sign up to chaperone the girls, so it's fun for me to see the dances from backstage.

I was so excited when my friends started showing up for dress rehearsal. 

 One of my friends brought a tablet to help pass the time as we waited to dance.

I love it when we get backstage, and we get to watch some of the other dances while we wait for our turn! 

Then it was our time to rehearse. 

Then I had to make a quick costume change and get ready to practice my next dance. 

This time, I chose to sit at the tables and color with my friend. 

It was our turn to line up to go backstage.  

Our practice dance went well, and then I spent the rest of my time with my friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment