Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back to the Zoo

The other day, Jennifer and I decided to take Katie back to the zoo. It was a nice trip. The zoo wasn't nearly as crowded as it is in the summer. Katie had a good view of a lot of the animals while we were there. It was disappointing that the polar bears and elephants weren't around since they are two of Katie's favorite animals, but we still had fun.

There was one funny thing that happened. Katie ended up being pretty brave with all of the animals, big and small. Even when they would walk right in front of her nose with only the glass barrier blocking them, she might step back for just a minute, but then she was fine. While we were looking at the lions, a fly flew by Katie and landed on the wall right next to her. Jennifer showed her the fly, and she turned around and ran and jumped into my arms. It was so funny to us that it was the fly that scared her! It was just like my mom's dog, Max who is petrified of flies!

I can see three black bears right now! 

Here's one of the bears we saw! 

We had a pretty close view of a bald eagle. 

I'm watching the beavers with Aunt Jennifer! 

Where are the polar bears? 

I can't believe the polar bears aren't here! 

It's fun to watch the funny-looking pigs! 

Look! One of the pigs is moving! 

I love having the sidewalk to myself! 

My mom got down like this to take my picture, so I copied her. 

I had to check this indoor room for elephants, but no elephants were here. 

These crows made me laugh. Aunt Jennifer taught me to caw! 

I have fun playing with these bells. 

The drums are always fun too! 

The cheetah walked right in front of me. 

Here it comes again. 

I'm looking for the lions! 

I loved watching the fruit bats getting fed! 

Look at the squirrel I found. 

Here are some peanuts for you. 

I wonder if I can take you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment