Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving, 2012

This Thanksgiving, my parents, Garyldine, and Jim came over to have dinner. Before they arrived, Katie was really excited because she discovered the joy of the extra dining room table leaf. I had brought it upstairs to put into our table, but Jennifer was busy working at the table. I didn't want it to fall over and hit Katie if I leaned it against the wall, so I laid it flat on the living room floor. It made the perfect stage and chair for Katie. Since it can be easily washed, I let her have her fun.

I love having something new to stand on! 

This is a great stage for dancing.

Ta-da! 

You try it, bear!

This year at dinner, Katie chose not to eat any turkey, stuffing, or potatoes. Instead, she had a few green beans, some vegetables from the vegetable tray, fresh blueberries that Garyldine brought her, and part of a roll. She's definitely a fruit and vegetable girl!

Katie felt lucky when Garyldine and Jim got to the house because they brought her a flower and a Thanksgiving card.  Those two things provided lots of entertainment to her over the next couple of days.

Uh-Oh! My flower broke. 

Will you fix my flower, Garyldine? 

I love to sniff my flower in an exaggerated way! 

Flowers are beautiful! 

Who else would like to admire this flower? 

Grandpa, did you see my flower?


After everyone left, Katie had fun with her "toys." Sometimes I wonder why kids ever need toys from a toy store. As fun as they are, Katie has just as much fun using everyday items and her imagination!

I found my favorite pot! 

I'm just settling down to do a little reading. 

I love my new toy. (It's the cardboard roll from the foil.) 

C'mon, Chloe! March, march, march!

No comments:

Post a Comment