Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Let Me Entertain You

My mom had a microphone at her house that she brought over for Katie to use. Katie has had the opportunity to speak into a microphone during her music lessons, but she has always refused, so my mom thought she might be more willing if she had some practice at home. She loves to use the microphone at home.

Every once in awhile, Katie will hand the microphone to someone else to sing into it or to say something. Every time Jennifer has the opportunity to have the microphone, she belts out "Tomorrow" from Annie in a very loud voice. Katie usually responds by saying, "NO! NO! NO!" However, the other night, she tried to sing the song with Jennifer.

Aunt Jennifer taught me to tap the microphone and ask, "Is this thing on?" 

I always start with a warm-up! 

I better stand over here on my step stool.
It'll make the perfect stage. 

I'll interview my pumpkin balloon. 

Would you like to sing, Aunt Jennifer? 

NO! NO! NO! Don't sing that song! 

Let me just push the hair out of my face before I go on. 

You can try again, Aunt Jennifer. None of that funny business this time! 

NO! NO! NO! You sang it again!

Is this thing on? Does this work? 

I'll sing one final song for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment