Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, November 23, 2012

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

Our night before Thanksgiving was pretty busy. First, Katie helped clean the kitchen floor to help prepare for our guests on Thanksgiving.

I can't believe that I just cleaned this with my toothbrush the other day, and I already have to do it again! 

Looks perfect!

Then while Katie was doing some Christmas shopping in a catalog, she was surprised with a Thanksgiving card from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe.

Dear Katie... 

I love my card!

She did a little more Christmas shopping in her catalog.

I found a funny gift for someone! 

Let me look a little longer.

Then Jennifer and I had done some last minute Thanksgiving shopping, and we returned with a surprise for Bingle - a reindeer costume. She loved it as much as most cats would love it. Katie had fun watching her though.

Bingle, you turned into a reindeer! 

Oh, the humiliation. 

Where did Bingle run off to?

I'll pet you and make your feel more confident about your antlers!

After Katie's bath, we started reminiscing to last Thankgiving Eve when Katie sat in the large pot that we mix the stuffing in every Thanksgiving.

I didn't have very much hair then. 

I'm ready to start cooking!

We started wondering if she would still fit. We didn't think she would, but there was no harm in trying. Turns out, she still fit! She had lots of fun sitting in the pot and having Aunt Jennifer spin her in it on the floor.

I love this pot!

After Katie's turn in the pot, she decided to give other things a turn in the pot.  This night as Katie considered what she was thankful for, she was thankful for…cleanliness, mail, pets, pots, and fun!

My polar bear needs to try this. 

I added Winnie to the pot. What else can I add? 

I replaced my big bear with catalogs. 

This has to be the best toy ever! 

Look at my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment