Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Welcome Spring!

We were happy to officially welcome Spring this past week. It's always fun to see signs of the new season. In the past couple of weeks, we have seen blossoms on trees, brown trees slowly turning green, flowers popping out of the ground, and birds flying around the back of our house. We're not quite to the warm weather that we'd like, but I know we're way ahead of other parts of the country, so we're thankful!

In honor of the new season, Katie dressed in her flower costume. She has never been a fan of costumes until now. She was pretty impressed to be a flower. It made her feel like a ballerina. As soon as it was on, she began her twirling.  I eventually got her out of the costume and into some warmer clothes. After her bath though, she spied the flower costume again. She wanted nothing to do with pajamas. She had to wear her costume again and transform into a twirling ballerina!

This is one of our neighborhood trees in blossom! 

I'm a flower! 

Don't I look like a ballerina?
I'm going to twirl! 

Knock! Knock! Are you there, Spring? 

After all of my twirling, I hold onto something to regain my balance. 

I'm recovered! Time to twirl again! 

I'm happy Spring is here. 

When I got downstairs, I added my flower headband to my costume and kept twirling!

No comments:

Post a Comment