Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Blackberry Season

It's wild blackberry season again - something that puts a big smile on Katie's face! As I've mentioned before, we're lucky enough to have wild blackberry bushes surrounding our house, so Katie seems to want blackberries whenever we go outside.

The blackberries got sweet a week or two before we went on our trip. While we were in Victoria, Katie spotted some blackberry bushes and instantly wanted to eat the berries. Their berries weren't as ripe as ours though. After seeing those bushes, this is what we heard on the way home..."Aunt Jennifer, do you have blackberries? Grandpa, do you have blackberries? Grandma, do you have blackberries? Mama, do you have blackberries?"

This year it's a little harder to pick the berries by our house because some of the bushes have been cut back a little, so Katie has done more watching as I've climbed the hills and gotten stuck in the prickly bushes! Recently though I found some blackberry bushes that she could reach. It was fun for her to get berries on her own.

I see berries!

I'm so glad to do part of the picking! 

I had already picked quite a few berries. One went in my container. The rest went in my tummy. 

Where should I go next? 

Right there! 

Nothing beats fresh berries! 

When I finished picking, I got to go on our deck to eat. 

I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment